What is Campus Management Software?
Campus management software is a software that manages many buildings of the same institution or college. A campus management system is an Enterprise Resource Planning(ERP) software which helps in the administrative and academic level activities of a college campus in multiple locations. Campus institute has various other buildings on the premises like a lecture hall, libraries, hostel buildings, canteen and many more. Campus management software can monitor a student’s journey from admission to placement to the last day of the college. The campus management system can take care of student fees, course, exams, marks, etc. This will make the work easy for teaching and non-teaching staff of a college or institute to manage student efficiently and effectively.
The software helps to computerize the daily task of a college campus. It not only plays a vital role in the academic results but also helps in university/institute’s brand management.
It helps in extending the efficiency of the business in two following ways that are:
Academic level activities where it helps in registration, admission, courses and syllabus, exam conduction, time table, issuing grade sheets etc. and the administration activities like HR & payroll function, salary processing, accounting and finance etc.
A campus management system helps in all the college or institute tasks. Not only it helps in managing the administrative activities, but it can also handle academic and non-academic activities also. Many campus management system is cloud-based, allowing accessibility from anywhere and at any time through the smartphone. Students, parents and administration should be able to view the information and share their views anytime and from anywhere.
Features of top campus management software:
The top campus management software features are:
- Admission: The whole admission process of the student for each academic year can be maintained by the campus management system software.
- Fee Collection: Online fee payment system makes your work easy and simple by saving about 90% of the manual work resulting in a hassle-free and paperless management.
- Attendance: Student management system is a module designed to handle the various attendance requirements.
- Examination: During an academic year, the student’s academic excellence and performance analysis can be reviewed on the basis of different types of examination, tests and assignments.
- Library: Library management system module allows you to manage the whole library through the simple interactive interface. The librarian can manage all the library items details and keep a track on the books issued.
- Hostel: Hostel management system is a full-featured hostel accommodation and management ERP software to manage efficiently the college hostel.
- Transportation: It tracks and maintains all the details related to transportation which includes vehicle name, route details, transportation fares etc. It also keeps track of the timing of the transportation facility available, and notify the students, teachers and staff members through messages.
- HR and Payroll: This HR and Payroll includes all the features of it like it helps in keeping records of the salary paid to the teachers and staff members, EPF, deductions if any, leave management, attendance management, etc.
- Platform independent: the software must be able to support work across different operating platforms.
- Network security: many software works on only secured internet networks and some software opens only when a digital signature is turned on.
- Online management: It provides online help which can be of great help for the users and the administrators.
- Relationship management: It can send email and messages to keep the concerned parties up to date about all the details.
Benefits among the best campus management software:
Key Benefits of best Campus Management software:
- Transparency in campus operations.
- Availability of real-time up to date information.
- Better management of campus academic process & administration.
- A centralized system which makes reporting possible at one place.
- It includes completely automated modules which help teachers to reduce manual workload and increase productivity time to improvise the quality of education.
- Dashboard for top management.
- Email integration is done to help in an easy flow of communication between parents, students and staffs.
- It increases the work efficiency of an employee.
- Reduces costs since it manages all the functions across the campus.
- It helps in proper decision making.
- Ease of access and faster adaptability.
- It may have the e-book facility i.e electronic version of printed books by which students or faculty members can access books from anywhere, at any time.
Potential Issues faced:
- Security Threats: The security of the data might be a problem due to the virus attack. In addition, necessary security tools have been developed to measure and prevent threats.
- Downtime of the Server: If the Server goes down at any time, you have no other alternative but to end your work, which might prove to be a hindrance for you.
- Software Dependency: The staff must add value to their campus facilities and not increase dependency on the software. To create an atmosphere for attracting users to the campus facility which is generally not done by the software should be done by the staff members.
- Accuracy problem: Problem of accuracy arises when the data of other system does not matches.
- Fraudulent: when an employee misuses all the information for personal benefits then fraudulent outcomes may arise.
Market Trends followed:
As you evaluate best Campus Management software packages, consider these current market trends:
- Cloud-based software - Most of the campus have started using cloud computing to store the data and information. This has made it possible for them to access the data from anywhere and at any time.
- Mobile Learning - Mobile applications are gaining popularity across the board, and campus management is no exception. Studies have also shown that learning digitally enhances the remembering power in students.