Law practice management software is software designed to manage a law firm's case and client records, billing and bookkeeping, schedules and appointments, deadlines, computer files and to facilitate any compliance requirements such as with document retention policies, courts' electronic filing systems.
- Effective case management - Litigation is traumatic, chaotic and confusing for most clients, even for clients who are no strangers to litigation. One of the primary reasons clients react to litigation in this way is the failure of attorneys to properly manage the case and involve the client in the litigation process. Another reason is the high cost of litigation.
- Improving revenues - Lawyers have always hoped that if technology would help them in a truly useful way, it would help them most in the area of time-keeping and billing. Until recently, that area has largely disappointed them.
- Report automation - Reports are clearly important, but the majority of us view reporting as an exhausting chore. Not only can it be tiresome, it can also be incredibly time-consuming without the right tools. In fact, at some law firms, one or more employees may have to dedicate multiple days each month to reporting. That’s a lot of time to waste on something that can easily be automated with the proper tool.
- Training and ongoing support - Without the proper instruction and training, you and your coworkers will be unable to use that new program that’s full of promise. However, once you receive training, you can uncover numerous ways that the software can make your office more organized and efficient
- Integration with existing programs and systems - All legal practitioners who are considering a law practice management software program such as Legal Files likely have some software in place at their offices. They may already have an accounting program or a document management system (DMS). At the very least, they have an email program that they use every day. Although law practice management software can replace some tools, the good programs offer integration, so you can continue to leverage your existing technology investment.