Social media is an interactive computer-mediated technologies that facilitate the creation and sharing of information, ideas, career interests and other forms of expression via virtual communities and networks.
Social media management system provides functionality to handle social media accounts, schedule posts, suggest content, and boost posts. These softwares are used by marketing and communications departments to increase brand awareness, manage workflows and engage online communities. It also increases inbound traffic and customer satisfaction. Social Media Management software must be able to :
- Plan social media content
- Publish social media posts
- Manage multiple accounts
- Respond to enquiries
- Automate and schedule social media posts
- Store content and archive posts
- Security - Authentication and authorization for different user to access the various social media accounts.
- Listening - Process of monitoring digital conversations to understand what customers are saying about a brand and industry online.
- Social Media integration - Under one platform a software handles your all social media accounts like facebook, linkedin, twitter, instagram, etc, thereby allowing the same information to be posted in all social media account in one go.
- Social Media monitoring - It is a way of computing popularity of a brand or company by extracting information from social media channels, such as blogs, wikipedias, news sites, micro-blogs such as twitter, social networking sites etc.
- Auto Content Scheduling - Auto Content Scheduling determined when your personal social media account contents can be viewed by the outside world and also gives the facility as to when can it be automatically discontinued.
- Schedule Posts - Schedule the post for a specific date and the content for the next available schedule time.
- Analysis - This enables the customers reaction toward a particular company or product,expressed in a post shared on any public plateform. Thereby helping in the easy identification and categarization of their respective openion expressed.
- Brand awareness - Attractive and relevant content will grab the attention of potential customers and increase brand visibility.
- Brand reputation - You can respond instantly to industry development and can be seen as an expert in your field. This can improve how your business is seen by your audience who is in regular touch of your social media post.
- Cost effective - It can be much more cheaper to provide a product as compared to traditional advertising and promotional activities. This cost of maintaining a social media presence is minimum.
- Website traffic - Social media content can boost traffic to your website. This can lead to increased online conversions such as sales and leads.
- Customer interaction - You can deliver improved customer service and respond effectively to their feedback with regards to any product, service, business etc. Positive feedback is public and can be persuasive to other potential customers.
- Target audience - Customers can find you through the social media platforms they use most. You can choose to maintain a presence on particular platforms that are in line with your target audience. For example, if you are targeting young people you could reach them through Snapchat. If you are seeking business customers, LinkedIn may be the best channel.
Types of Buyers :
- Small business - Small businesses, or those just starting to grow their social media marketing operations, may not yet need the robust functionality of a social media marketing suite to promote their business but can later on seek help from other additional public platform.
- Enterprise - Larger businesses, and those with well-developed social media marketing operations, should consider to provide there business on social platform so that it can reach wider arena of customer.
Potential Issues faced :
- Knowing which Social Media Platform to use - Deciding which platform to build a presence on, however, can be a bit of a challenge but it can be decided only by realizing who the target audience is? Fortunately there is an easy solution, and it all comes down to one thing that is your audience.
- Having a Humanistic Relationship with the Audience - Social media is a great way to build awareness and attract new customers, but you have to think about what you will do to retain them. 86% of social media users follow a brand, almost 60% of them are annoyed with too many promotions. You can not always be selling. In order to increase brand loyalty, you need to focus on developing a rewarding and humanistic relationship with your audience.
- Pushing Your Content to the Next Level - People only retain about 10% of the information they hear, but when paired with a relevant image, the number can increase considerably to 65%. Photos and videos have become powerful tools for marketers looking to communicate effectively with followers.
- Answering all of Your Customer’s Questions - Social media is meant to be a two-way communication channel, but too often it’s used as a promotional mechanism. While marketers use social networks as broadcasting outlets, 90% of customers use social platform as a way to communicate directly with brands. However, brands reply to only 11% of people. This could be because brands are missing some of the messages that come in especially if you regularly see high volumes of incoming messages.
Market Trends followed :
- Video Content - Probably everyone has heard of the phrase “content is king,” but for now this is the era of video content that rule supreme on social media.
- Think Mobile First - While social platforms like Snapchat and Instagram are designed specifically with mobile users in mind, the majority of Facebook and LinkedIn users now access the platforms from their mobile devices as well. This makes it crucial for industrial manufacturers to optimize their social posts and content for both desktop and mobile.
- Keep tabs on Facebook Messenger - Social channels already allow for automated message responses, and the demand for being able to interact with a company through social messaging or chatbots will continue to increase. Seek opportunities to leverage conversations software to improve customer service and engagement through both automated interactions and personal touches.
- Establish Social Sharing Protocols - One of the best ways to promote your high-quality technical content that helps to solve your prospect challenges is, when your team shares it on the various social media platform, rather than simply sharing it on the company's website.